Tuesday 11 August 2009

Tuesday Taggers - The birds and the bees

Well my turn to choose the theme this week as today is my birthday :0) Been a bit cheeky with this one as my crafty buddies tease me that we always end up talking about the other meaning to the "birds and the bees" when Im around so i just had to choose this to tease them a little LOL

I have been amazed by the DT work this week - seems our newbie team members have raised the bar for us as there is some fabulous work been done this week. Dont forget if you like what you see you can always hop over to their individual blogs to find out how their take on the challenge was achieved and what products/ stamps have been used. Just click on their name above their work and it should link you straight there.

Ive decided that I will donate the prize this week so when I post later today about last weeks winner I will post a picture of the prize to be won - as well as the winner of the Birthday Candy.

So first off our GD for this week is Pat who since winning this has joined our part time DT. Heres a little Pat has sent us about herself .

"I'm full-time carer to my husband John who has MS. We have been married 40 years this December and have a daughter, a son and two gorgeous grandchildren, Jessica 9 and Elliot 6.

I have been crafting in one form or another for the past 30 odd years. I really started with decoupage using the cute wrapping paper (mainly Sarah Kay)that was around at the time. I also did sewing, knitting and crochet. When my daughter began dancing I moved on to costume making and sequin sewing (I've been hooked on all things glitter ever since). I've also done cross stitch but moved onto cardmaking about 8 years ago. It wasn't so easy to get lovely materials to work with back then but we are spoilt for choice these days arn't we? A couple of years ago I got into parchment craft but it has been side lined a bit since I started this blogging lark. I really enjoy the whole blog thing and have made some fantastic blogging friends.

My favourite craft expert has to be Jayne Nestorenko and it has been great being involved with her Cute Companion collection for Crafters Companion. She is such a clever lady and a real sweetie.

I love Tuesday Taggers because it has taken me out of my comfort zone and encouraged me to try new ideas."

Heres Pats Card for this week

Pat

And the rest of this weeks team
Teri

Janet

Avril

Blackdragon

Jo

Emma

Katy

Bee

Hope you will join in with our Birds and the bees theme - dont forget make what you like making - tags, cards, atcs, scrapbook layouts just make sure you include at least one bird and one bee in your project.

Add your name and url to Mr Linky or leave a comment so we can find you and dont forget to check back tomorrow to see who has won last weeks challenge - the Birthday Candy winner and also what the prize is this week! Happy Crafting xx

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you.....
    have a lovely day and birthday wishes sent your way.
    Gorgeous DT projects and will have a go later today and pop back.
    hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Janet.
    Thank you to the DT team for such stunning work, you all helped me get over my atc block thank you all so very much.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DT creations, lots of thoughtful and varied designs (hope you are going to allow my interpretation of 'bees')!
    - Crafts by Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful creations.. love the idea of birds and bees, shame I dont have a bee one, Hope mine is ok

    ReplyDelete

Huge thanks for taking the time to visit us and leave a comment The Try it on Tuesdays team really appreciate it x